REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THE CURRENT MINI SERIES.
INTERESTED IN FUTURE MINI SERIES OR LONG-TERM COURSES??
PLEASE EMAIL KOCUS AT FOLSOMPT@ATT.NET OR CALL HER AT 916-355-8500
2017 FPT Con Ed Mini Series #1
The Foundation of OMT Practice
*The FPT Mini Series is for licensed physical therapists only*
This four-day course is the first in the series of courses constituting the next generation of Folsom Physical Therapy OMT continuing education. The initial series highlights the cornerstones of OMT practice.
- Evaluation and interpretation of palpation and movement testing findings
- Manual, exercise and ergonomic interventions.
Orthopedic PT clinical expertise requires understanding of the interplay between body systems and the ability to interpret the contribution of each to the patient’s overall presentation. As such, instruction will include pertinent anatomy and pathology associated with the lymphatic, fascial, and arthro-neuro-motor systems. Clinical skill development will focus on sharpening reasoning, manual and intervention proficiency.
The schedule will be:
February 25 – Palpation, movement testing and manual treatment skills in the extremities
April 8 – Palpation, movement testing and manual treatment skills in the spine
June 10 – Principles and practice of exercise training and ADL management
August 5 – Clinical reasoning and treatment progression
Upon completion of the course the participants will have been instructed in:
- Effective manual, exercise and ergonomic/ADL management intervention for the most common types of presentations seen in orthopedic PT practice:
- Advanced palpation and passive movement testing and interpretation skills for the spine and extremities
- Pertinent anatomy and pathology associated with the lymphatic, fascial, and arthro-neuro-motor systems
- Non-inflammatory edema
- Muscle guarding
- Mechanical presentations
- Hypomobility due to shortened, adhered connective tissues
- Neuromotor deficits
Course hours – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Total contact hours – 32
Cost – $900.00
Past Long-term participant discount – $600.00
For additional information contact Kocus Mueller directly at 916 355-8500 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org